Are You Failing to Prepare?


IsItJustMe
Something I just have to wonder, is why are more people not into preparedness? Sure there are reportedly millions of “preppers” out there, but what about the regular folks out there? More often then not, I find that people just aren’t concerned about prepping. Is it the term “prepping” that turns people off? Or are they just too involved in the age we live in to ever think something bad could happen that affects them personally?
By-failing-to-prepare
I know that you can not truly prepare for everything, as I’ve said before there are just too many everything’s out there. However, I stand by my belief that is of the utmost importance. I began my homesteader Facebook page with the intention of sharing information about homesteading and related matters. I feel that preparedness, a.k.a prepping, is very relatable with homesteading. Homesteading offers many valuable skills that teach people how to make their own…well almost everything. This translates into prepping because once you know how to use these skills if the preverbal poop did hit the fan, you would know how to not only survive but thrive as well !
BS63010
I would be lying if I said that the lack of interest and urgency by some doesn’t bother me.  Personally, I feel compelled to get prepare to the best of my ability. Do I fear a coming apocalypse… No thanks, I am good with my maker Winking smile. But quite honestly I do think that an economical collapse of sorts is a serious possibility. So, maybe your reading this thinking…so what? Well, that could lead to a serious breakdown of society, hence civil unrest. I’m not even going to describe the types of things that could happen during that time, but preparing is not only necessary but heck is also biblically taught... and Yes, I went there ! 
Here are 5 examples:
Proverbs 27:12 “A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.”

 Proverbs 21:20 “In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.”

Luke 21:36 “But stay awake at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are going to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

1 Timothy 5:8 “If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.”

Proverbs 6:6 –11 “6:6 Take a lesson from the ants, you lazybones. Learn from their ways and become wise! 6:7 Though they have no prince or governor or ruler to make them work, 6:8 they labor hard all summer, gathering food for the winter. 6:9 But you, lazybones, how long will you sleep? When will you wake up? 6:10 A little extra sleep, a little more slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest—6:11 then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber.”

Please do not misunderstand:
(I do have faith and believe that God can protect us, but I also understand that He requires us to do things for ourselves as well.)



So, back to my original question:

Are You Failing to Prepare?


No comments:

Post a Comment